EQI INDEPENDENT LIMITED
The Company is registered under the Act with registration number: Z8894628 and will act as the Data Controller.
This Policy (together with our Website Terms and Conditions of Use https://www.smileFinance.co.uk/terms-of-use.html and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
1 INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- 1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1.1 information that you may provide by filling in online forms and registration forms on the Site in respect of credit brokerage, credit information or commercial debt counselling (the Services). This includes information provided at the time when you complete an online loan application form (Loan Application Form) on the Site, or request further services;
- 1.1.2 information obtained from you or from third parties
- 1.1.3 details of transactions you carry out through the Site;
- 1.1.4 correspondence and records of all contact with you, including any discussions; please note that calls between us may be recorded and/or monitored, and
- 1.1.5 surveys that we use for research purposes, which we have asked you to complete, although you are under no obligation to respond to them.
2 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- 2.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 2.1.1 to process and submit your Loan Application Form to lenders and/or other relevant third parties;
- 2.1.2 to provide you with the best possible service;
- 2.1.3 to ensure that content on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 2.1.4 to notify you about changes to our products and Services
- 2.1.5 to contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- 2.1.6 to pass to third party companies (provided you have given express consent for the us to do so) who may contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- 2.1.7 for search
- 2.2 When you submit a Loan Application Form you will be provided with the opportunity to consent via a checkbox to the passing of your information to third parties who may use it to assess your creditworthiness and contact you directly in respect of your application for credit. If you do not consent we cannot provide you with credit brokerage services.
- 2.3 Every time we contact you for marketing purposes we will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving further marketing materials. We may contact you by post, e-mail, SMS message or telephone.
- 2.4 If you wish to opt-out of receipt of these marketing communications from us at any time you may do so by sending an email to us at customerservice@smileFinance.co.uk or by contacting us on 08447391148.
- 2.5 If you opt-out of our use of your data for marketing purposes, we will honour such choice once we have had a reasonable opportunity to process your request and enter your details onto a marketing suppression list. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or other enquiry.
3 CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES
- 3.1 When you submit a Loan Application Form you confirm that all the information you have given is true and complete. When you submit a Loan Application Form you authorise our lender/broker partners to check the following records about you and others:
- 3.1.1 our own or their own;
- 3.1.2 those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search form from one of our partners they may place a search footprint on your credit file which may be seen by other lenders. They supply to our partners both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information; and
- 3.1.3 those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
- 3.2 Our partners will make checks such as are deemed necessary to assess your application for credit and verify identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering.
- 3.3 Information on applications you submit to us will be sent to CRAs and recorded by them. Where you borrow from one of our panel of lenders, they will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or in default.
- 3.4 If you tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
- 3.5 If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to FPAs.
- 3.6 Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- 3.7 We and other organisations including our partners may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- 1.1.1 checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- 1.1.2 managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- 1.1.3 recovering debt;
- 1.1.4 checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; or
- 1.1.5 checking details of job applicants and employees.
- 3.8 We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by FPAs.
- 3.9 Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Act.
4 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 4.1 All information you provide to us is, as far as reasonably practicable, stored on our secure servers to protect against the unauthorised access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of personal information. Any sensitive information, such as credit/debit card numbers will be encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We ask you not to permit anyone to use your name.
- 4.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 4.3 We will retain your information securely stored for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
5 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 5.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 5.1.1 to prepare or send any communications to you, or to assist us in connection with any of our administrative or business functions, or in the provision of any of our Services to you, or to third parties acting as our agents. If they are located in another country we will make sure that they agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to information held in the UK;
- 5.1.2 if the Company or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- 5.1.3 anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under this Policy;
- 5.1.4 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- 5.1.5 if you were introduced to us by a third party, we will give them your contact details and sufficient information about you for their accounting and administration purposes; and
- 5.1.6 if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6 IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- 6.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- 6.2 A cookie is a small electronic file that collects information when someone visits a website. A cookie can identify the pages that are being viewed, and this can assist us to select the pages that the viewer sees. Some cookies only exist whilst viewers are online (session cookies), but persistent cookies remain on the viewer's computer, so that he or she can be recognised as a previous visitor when he or she next visits our site. This allows us to collect information about a viewer's browsing habits whilst on our Site, and this can be useful in assisting us to monitor and improve our services.
- 6.3 The Company may release browsing data and information gathered using cookies in the aggregate, such as publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Site. The report will only contain statistical data and will not identify any individual.
- 6.4 We do not store sensitive information such as account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies, and cookies in themselves, do not contain enough information to identify you. You will only acquire a personal identity in relation to your browsing habits after you have formally provided us with your personal data for the purposes outlined above in paragraph 2.
- 6.5 In addition to using cookies, we might also use web tools to collect information about your browsing activities whilst on our Site. In this respect the information that is provided is similar to the information supplied by cookies, and we use it for the same purposes.
- 6.6 Any information that we acquire about you using cookies or web tools is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as any other information we collect about you.
7 YOUR RIGHTS
- 7.1 Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- 7.2 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by writing to us by email to customerservice@smileFinance.co.uk or by post to smileFinance, Metropolitan House, Station Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 7AZ. Any access request may be subject to a small statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- 8.1 We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, and any changes we may make to our Policy, including details of changes in how we use your personal information, will be posted on this page
©2013 Copyrights mwsf.co.uk